The basic features of the Video Stream for Google Cast includes streaming of local content without any requirement to install media pages for the server packages. The application is completely free and comes with many advantages and updates. check the complete guide and know How To Use VideoStream Extension-To-Stream-Local-Videos For Chromecast
Update of Videostream for Chromecast
- The Videostream for Chromecast has changed to Videostream for Google cast after Google has undergone conventional name changes. At present, the software section is considered to be Google Cast and the section for the hardware is called Chromecast.
- The installation of the Videostream for Chromecast had been an issue of discussion a few days ago. However, Videostream is another application which can be downloaded, being another Chrome application. Hence, it gives a clear view to the users that the application can be installed just like any other chrome app. It can be followed by 3 methods in order to launch Videostream for Chrome app. One can launch the Videostream app from the Chrome app page itself. Since the Chrome app has been removed from PC, one can launch the Video Stream from the desktop itself by opting to use a shortcut. This can be done by going to the chrome page and clicking on the right button and can be done using the context menu which pops up. The last method which can be used is by launching the application of Videostream for Chromecast from the bookmark bar.
Advantages of Videostream Extension to Local Stream Videos:
- The server which is used to install the Videostream extension is more easy to setup and user friendly as well. Compared to Plex media server, this is more frequently used by the customers.
- The chrome browser tab has a limitation to cast different video formats compared to Videostream for Chromecast. This is due to trans coding of the programme in order to accept the variance of different formats of videos.
- When it comes to desktop sharing, there are a few parameters regarding the reliability and stability. These parameters are effectively fulfilled by Videostream app.
- The application works similar to a TV provided with a remote for Android. The application behaves like a local media player which is able to stream videos of any format. The remote provided for Android is supposed to be provided for free.
Limitations of Videostream Extension for Chromecast:
- There are many features which cannot be accessed for free. However, there are plenty of features which are considered to be sufficient for the use of the users.
- The extension of Videostream app allows on videos and audio formats. In the initial version, even photos were allowed to be used. However, the recent update, it seems to have been removed. Hence, the user will not be able to cast his photos or pictures on TV.
Using Videostream Extension for Chromecast
The setup for the Videostream for Chromecast is considerably easy and hence it is simple to launch the application. In order to download the Videostream app, one would need to install the Google cast extension too. In the following steps, the downloading and installing of Videostream will be explained. The installation of the Google Cast follows a similar process, and hence requires understanding of the steps as follows. According to the steps being followed, almost all the steps followed here are simple and easy when used to install any Chromecast extension.
- Installation of Videostream for Chromecast
In order to install Videostream, first go to Chrome Web from the Chrome Browser and then type http://chrom.google.com/webstore/category/apps and then scroll through to search for the Videostream application. On searching from the web store, tap on the Free button to add the extension file from the Chrome Browser. After this, a confirmation message is sent attached with permissions and other the requirements which are due to get fulfilled on pressing the Add button. On tapping the Add button, the Chrome extension will be downloaded. In order to download the Chrome extension, one needs to operate with a functioning Google account.
- Using Videostream for Chromecast
In this case, there is no requirement for setting up of the Videostream Chrome extension. It can be used to stream local videos and media for Chromecast just after installation. The Videostream application starts automatically after the application has been downloaded and installed successfully. On selecting “ Select a Movie Play”, a list of will appear which is a directed to the file explorer opened to navigate in the directory and used for selection to play. On selection of the file, the search for a Chromecast enabled device gets started and hence on detection of the devices a drop down is produced for the selection of the device. After this, the movie or video can be played on both TV and PC.
Launching Videostream for Google cast
The Videostream extension for Google Cast can be launched by three different methods. After installation the following methods can be followed to launch the app.
- From Chrome Application page.
- Opting to launch the app from the desktop as a shortcut application.
- Using the Videostream extension from bookmark bar.
On following the steps and methods stated above, it is easy for the user to install and launch the Videostream Extension for Google Cast successfully. The same steps can be followed to download and install chromecast app from the chrome web page. The installation process is easy and hence will hardly experience any error. However, if by any chance an error arises, make sure to check the compatibility of the device too this is the way to Use VideoStream Extension To Stream Local Videos For Chromecast.