Want to know How to use Chromecast on Amazon Fire Tablets Fire HD Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX? For Amazon Fire tablet, users can use screen cast for Chromecast or run the Play Store and update Play services. Chromecast on Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, and Kindle Fire HDX tablets can be run using the most recent Chromecast APK and Google Play service APK. check here and now How to use Chromecast on Amazon Fire Tablets Fire HD Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX
What is Chromecast & How to use Chromecast on Amazon Fire Tablets Fire HD Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX?
Chromecast is a popular media streaming device that can be used to stream favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and more on iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook. For streaming on Amazon Fire Tablets and Kindle Fire, the users will have to use a different process. By using Chromecast, the users will be able to choose from a wide range of 200,000 TV shows & movies, 30 million songs, radio, and much more entertainment elements. It offers free subscriptions as well as paid content from loads of apps.
How to use Chromecast on Amazon Fire Tablets Fire HD Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX?
Amazon Fire Tablets are Android and most of the Android Apps work on it and many Google Play store apps can be side loaded on the tablet. To benefit from the Chromecast on Amazon Fire Tablets, the user will need to install these apps in the tablet – Chromecast app for Android, Google Play Services app, Google Play Store app and Google Services Framework app.
The steps to enable Chromecast on Amazon Fire Tablet are as follows –
- The user will require enabling apps from unknown sources in the tablet by going to Settings and then Applications. This is significant since all the apps required are not available on Amazon App Store and will have to be downloaded from Unknown Sources.
- Google Play Services app has to be downloaded from other sources in an APK format. Then, the APK file can be used to directly install Google Play Services on the Amazon Fire Tablet. Once the download is complete, it will seek permission prior to installing. To start the installation, tap Install and it will be successfully downloaded.
- The similar process of installation explained in the previous step can be used to install Chromecast app using an APK file.
- The Google framework app is only available to device manufacturers and therefore, everyone does not have legal access to this. However, it is not locked to particular devices and can be installed on the Amazon Fire Tablet using an APK file.
- Google Play Store app is the last app that is required since Chromecast app needs it. However, Play store app will not be entirely functional on the Amazon Fire Tablets but the users need to install it to make Chromecast work. The APK file of the app can be easily installed on the tablet. Similar to the prior apps, it will seek permission. Nonetheless, the users cannot use Google Play store on Amazon Fire tablets to install apps.
- After the installation of the four apps, the user will be able to enjoy Chromecast on Amazon Fire tablets. First, the user will need to power on the Chromecast device and start the app on fire tablet. The Amazon fire tablet will search for the Chromecast device which is connected to the same WiFi network. When the Chromecast device is found, the user can start to enjoy streaming videos.
Following this procedure, the users can easily u avail the benefits of Chromecast however, there is an exception to this process as well. Android screen mirroring or Screen casting does not work on Amazon Fire Tablets.
To use Chromecast on Amazon Fire tablets is identical to that in Android devices. But there is one exception. The Android devices support the feature of Android screen mirroring but the latest Fire OS is based on KitKat 4.4.3 and Android screen mirroring is not supported on the Amazon Fire Tablets. In the Chromecast app, the Cast Screen option is present but it is not functional and it cannot be fixed until Amazon changes the code.
However, the users who cannot use Android screen mirroring are comforted by the Display Mirroring (Miracast). The Display Mirroring or Miracast is supported by most of the Amazon Fire Tablets.
How To Use Chromecast on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX:
The Kindle Fire device is an Android device and supports Chromecast. The users can use the following procedure to enable Chromecast on Kindle Fire.
- As Chromecast will have to be downloaded from unknown sources, the user will have to change the settings of Kindle Fire. It can be done by going to the Settings and choosing the option of Allow third party apps in the device.
- Then, the user will have to download the APK file of Chromecast from third party app sources and start installing it on the Kindle Fire.
- The user will need to open the installed app and sync the Chromecast app with the Kindle Fire device to start enjoying the streaming videos via Chromecast.
These were the steps required for enabling the Chromecast app on the Kindle Fire to start streaming videos.
Using Chromecast app on Amazon Fire tablets and Kindle fire and streaming videos is a trouble-free process which the users can do by following the above mentioned simple and uncomplicated steps.