How to Reset Chromecast: We know that Chromecast is the best source to watch all the desktop or smartphone content on a large screen(like TV, Projector screen). Though it is the best one, sometimes you will lag back due to unknown errors caused. Sometimes when you work out with Chromecast, you need have thorough knowledge including all the loop holes of it. But few people login Chromecast without any information regarding Factory data reset and further loss the data that they require. Before going to fling your Chromecast to the nearest receiver, you may try to restore your device factory settings and setup the process again in order to connect with another device. It takes very less time if your desktop recognizes the connecting devices nearby. know How to Reset Chromecast- Factory Data reset completely from here.
What is meant by Factory Data Reset?
I think people who are not techie geeks might not have that much knowledge regarding Factory Data Reset. Factory Data Reset is a restore software of an electronic device that is used to erase all the information available with the device in a single attempt. Using this option, you can move back all the data to the original manufacturer settings and call it as a new device. It is also known as Master reset. Generally, FDR is done to fix the software problems caused due to various reasons. While using Chromecast device to connect with your nearest star, your device settings will be changed automatically. In order to recover those settings, we make use of FDR option and get back to the original device settings easily.
Why should I reset Chromecast or perform Factory Data Reset?
In fact, it is not that much required to reset the Chromecast all the time. Because a single Chromecast device will be used by a single user at one time. But if you are willing to disconnect with the old star and trying to connect with new device then you need to change the system settings by using Factory Data Reset option. Generally, the device will get updated if connected to any Wifi network. So it is not that required to change your device settings all the time when your device got updated.
You have to reset Chromecast or perform Factory Data Reset when you change your Wireless network. Being a network connecting device, it can stay connected with only one device at once. Whenever you change your wifi router, you need to setup the device so that the old network will get disconnected. If you want to enjoy using Chromecast then connect your device to the old network or simply perform the Factory Data Reset.
The above-stated problem is most commonly seen but we can even expect Chromecast hanging whenever you are working on it. Suddenly your Chromecast device may suspend to work or hang without giving having your involvement in it. In such cases, you cannot identify the problem occurring inside. To fix this Chromecast hanging issues, you need to set your device to original device settings. Thinking that it might be a cable issue, you may try to change the cable but unfortunately, you may fail to solve your issue. Try to reset Chromecast to bring back your device to the original state.
How to Factory reset Chromecast device?
To use Google Chromecast again after disconnecting with the old device, you need to connect it to a new network by applying Factory Data reset. Unless you perform Factory Reset Chromecast device, you will not be able to stream the videos playing on your desktop. I have produced two ways to reset Google Chromecast device. Choose the best way that you could perform easily and enjoy using Chromecast device to view all the stuff displayed on your mini screen.
Resetting/ Rebooting ChromeCast Using Chromecast app:
Make sure that you are dealing with Android mobile or tablet for Chromecast. If you are using desktop then you need to install the Chromecast app on your computer with Bluestacks application. If your device got hanged then use the second method stated here instead of trying Chromecast app method. Check out the steps stated here to reset Chromecast easily.
- Firstly, download Chromecast app on your Android device or tablet from Google Play Store by accepting the terms and conditions of the app.
- If you have installed the Google Chromecast app on your computer then tap on it to open the app.
- Locate the app on your PC or save it on your desktop so that you can access the app easily(If you have not found the app then check out the downloads depending on your OS).
- Once you open the app, you can find settings button showing that you are connected with a device.
- If you have connected with various Chromecasts on your network then choose any one of them which you would like to reset.
- Now tap on Factory data reset which is at the bottom of the Chromecast tab so that you can change the device settings easily.
- A warning window shows Factor Reset window and hit the “Reset” button to change the device to its original settings.
- After choosing Factory Reset option then tap on continue button to reset the Chromecast settings.
- Now you will be successfully done with reset of your Chromecast device and you can use it to connect with any other networks.
Using Chromecast reset Button:
As I have said in the above procedure you can even reset your device using reset button manually. But people who don’t know the ways to use it may not be able to reset easily. If you are very habituated to use the apps then choose the first method to reset Chromecast as the windows displayed on the screen will direct you to reset your device easily. Of Course, it is bit difficult task when compared to this method I suggest you to use Chromecast app as you will be directed at every step. If you are looking to reset Chromecast manually the use Chromecast reset button method stated here.
- Take your Chromecast device into the hand and hold the black button without fail so that you can connect your computer to a new network that you choose to connect( You need to hold the button for at least 25 seconds).
- Once your device gets connected with the nearest start a light starts blinking on the Chromecast device so that you can leave it to un-hold.
- In a minute or two your device will get reset and ready to connect with any other network that you choose to connect.
- Now you can enjoy connecting your Chromecast device with any other screens by selecting the new network.